Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Movie Ticket Invitation


It was my husband 50th birthday and I had fun with it.  My family and friends had such a blast with the gag gifts and Tom was such a good sport about it all.  The funniest was the blow-up walker and he posed with it like a trooper.  He has great sense of humor and that's one reason I love him.  I made this fun invitation since it was a movie night theme. 

I Used:
- Provocraft Art Philosphy Cricut Cartridge, p64 - decorative layer feature+ rectangle3 for the white cardstock for the word ticket; decorative layer feature + shift + rectangle 3 for the red ticket; and rectangle3 for the backing also white

-Provocarft Carousel Cricut Lite Cartridge  - font feature + shift + train4 for the three stars

- Southwest Resume Paper for typing the invitation - it has such a nice texture!

- Movie Reel clipart - There are a number of free ones out there - Just Google! :)

- Movie Tagline - This is an acutal tagline from the original Jurassic Park movie and thought it would be fun to add to the invite.

- Martha Stewart - Stars Edge Punch

- cardstock from Die Cuts with a View (DCWV)


I cut all the pieces at 3.5 inches.  I printed one sheet of the wording for the invitation.  This was the hardest part since I had to print the paper out a couple of times to make sure the wording would fit in the ticket.  I placed the red ticket diecut over the wording several times.   This helped me check the font size to adjust.  Since I knew these were prototypes, I used regular copy paper until I was happy with it and then printed using the resume paper.


After that it was easy!  Just paste it all together and you got yourself a fun handmade invitation!





Now for the envelope.  Not much to tell except that I hand cut it.  I made slightly smaller than the invitation so you can slip the ticket in and out easily.   I also cut the edge with Martha Stewarts Stars Edge Punch. 



If you look carefully you can see that I added some of the stars from the punch on the envelope:

I hand wrote the guest's name next to stars and they were ready for hand delivery! 


Do something fun because as Dr. Seuss said: Fun is good

1 comment:

  1. How creative and what fun! The invites were wonderful!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :)