Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

For You, Your Majesty


I made this card for my dad who is ruler of all he surveys... ;)  This was a fun card to make and I used a crown and the color from challenges in the Cricut Circle Message Board. 

I Used:
- Baby Boutique Imagine Art Cartridge, 3rd icon on p. 33
- Crafty Secrets - Greetings from Wonderland stamp set
- Close to My Heart - "For You" sentiment - Card Word Puzzle stamp set - WOW! There are a lot of words you can mix and match in this set
- Cuttlebug - Musical Flourish folder
- Papertrey Ink - Kraft paper & white cardstock
- Seam binding from my own stash
- Tsukineko - Timber Brown Staz-On ink pad
- Ranger - Tim Holtz  - Distress Ink Pad - Victorian Velvet
- Ranger - Perfect Pearls
- Bazille - Red cardstock
- PrismaColor Pencils and Reeves Color Pencils
- Gamsol for Blending

Here's How:
I stamped the image on white cardstock in Timber Brown, a nice dark, espresso.  I colored the image using the color pencils and used the Gamsol to blend.  I used Victorian Velvet with the blending tool to ink the edges softly.



I cut the crown at 2.5 inches and added Perfect Pearls to make it sparkle.  Afterall, it is a crown. ;)


I dry embossed the kraft paper with Musical Flourish. 

I attached the seam binding on the side of the kraft paper and realized that I did not want white.  I had already added glue I decided to use Victorian Velvet with the blending tool.  A happy accident happened.  The ribbon picked up the embossing on the kraft paper.  How cool!!  I am going to do it on purpose from now on. I stamped "FOR YOU" on the seam binding.




"OFF WITH HER HEAD!"
Queen of Hearts, Alice in Wonderland
~Lewis Carroll

1 comment:

  1. That is a happy accident! I love the detail to your crown as well! Thank you for participating in this week's Creative Color Challenge -
    Renee @ icameisawicreated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :)