I made this card for my dad who is ruler of all he surveys... ;) This was a fun card to make and I used a crown and the color from challenges in the Cricut Circle Message Board.
- Baby Boutique Imagine Art Cartridge, 3rd icon on p. 33
- Crafty Secrets - Greetings from Wonderland stamp set
- Close to My Heart - "For You" sentiment - Card Word Puzzle stamp set - WOW! There are a lot of words you can mix and match in this set
- Cuttlebug - Musical Flourish folder
- Papertrey Ink - Kraft paper & white cardstock
- Seam binding from my own stash
- Tsukineko - Timber Brown Staz-On ink pad
- Ranger - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pad - Victorian Velvet
- Ranger - Perfect Pearls
- Bazille - Red cardstock
- PrismaColor Pencils and Reeves Color Pencils
- Gamsol for Blending
I stamped the image on white cardstock in Timber Brown, a nice dark, espresso. I colored the image using the color pencils and used the Gamsol to blend. I used Victorian Velvet with the blending tool to ink the edges softly.
I cut the crown at 2.5 inches and added Perfect Pearls to make it sparkle. Afterall, it is a crown. ;)
I dry embossed the kraft paper with Musical Flourish.
I attached the seam binding on the side of the kraft paper and realized that I did not want white. I had already added glue I decided to use Victorian Velvet with the blending tool. A happy accident happened. The ribbon picked up the embossing on the kraft paper. How cool!! I am going to do it on purpose from now on. I stamped "FOR YOU" on the seam binding.
"OFF WITH HER HEAD!"
Queen of Hearts, Alice in Wonderland