This is a birthday card for my mom. The weather here is so dreary here that I thought a bright, lazy day in the sun kind of card would be a nice reminder of spring days to come.
- Crafty Secrets: Sweet Kids
- October Afternoon - Robot Blue Sprinkler
- Marths Stewart - Swirling Lace
- Papertrey Ink - Mega Sentiments: Birthday Wishes
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Antique Linen
- Ciao Copics and color pencils
- Webster's Pages - Coral Color Sparkler
- Clost to My Heart (CTMH) - Liquid Glass
- Ribbon, glitter, tag, paper from my stash
* I stamped the image from Sweet Kids in dark brown on 5 x 5 card stock. Then I colored in using my Copics (my stash is very small) first and then my color pencils. I added a thin line of the Robot Blue using a Fantastix tool under the hammock to add a shadow and to pick up the color of the ribbon.
* I filled in the hearts with Liquid Glass and added gliter.
* I punched the bottom of the card stock with Swirling Lace to create a border.
* I didn't have the color ribbon I wanted (I don't know how that happened since I have tons of ribbon... maybe I need more?) so I dyed a piece of ribbon with Robot Blue Sprinkler which is pretty muted blue-green. The color is very saturated and took only a couple of spritzs to dye it.
* I bought a paper crafting kit which had a bunch of tags so I used one of the tags and stamped "Birthday Wishes' on it. I punched a hole on the side and looped a piece of matching ribbon through it.
* I inked the edges of the tag and the white cardstock in Antique Linen.
* Last, I added the coral sparkler from Webster's Pages to the tag.