Thursday, December 15, 2011
Christmas Angel Ornament
I decided to make another Christmas angel. Here's the first, which I made back in November: Rejoice Christmas Card. This time I chose a different cut from the cartridge and made her into an ornament so I can enter her for the Cricut Circle Blog weekly challenge.
- Art Nouveau Cartridge: Woman4 and layers, p50; swan and layers (I hid the swan and used only the wings), p64
- CTMH - Vanilla Cream Stamp Pad for the skin color
- Jolee - Rhinestones
- SEI Couture for the dress (that cardstack is gorgeous!!)
- Glitter from my stash
- Seam Binding - I dyed it with Scarlett Tattered Angels Mist and Red Peppers Ranger Alcohol Ink
- Micron .005 pen for the facial features
Well, this time it was pretty straight forward. I used a dauber to color in her flesh. I put the pieces of the woman together. I used my Micron pen to draw in her lips and nose. I also used Prisma pencils to add shading on the face and body.
I colored the bottom wing a lilac kind of color for shading. I then added lots of glitter! On the wings and on the dress.
Last, I just tied my seam binding into a bow and attached it to the back with double sided tape.
I am really pleased with how she came out :) Here she is on the tree - Sorry for the bad pic, I took it with my camera phone.