Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy Holidays Reindeer


I was inspired by Tim Holtz's reindeer Christmas tag. His is just gorgeous and there is no way I can replicate his tag. But I wanted to try something close to what Tim Holtz with the hope that it would be half as good :) I had no idea how much work he put into his creations until I saw the tutorial on his blog. Just: WOW! 

I Used:
- Provocraft Cricut - Christmas cartridge - reindeer and wreath
- Ranger Perfect Pearls
- Meliss Frances - Glass Glitter
- Tim Holtz Distress Pads - Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy
- Tattered Angels - Brown Suede and Vintage Pink
- Seam Binding
- DCWV background - Old World
- Papertrey Ink - Linen Impression Plate
- Tsukineko - Versamark
- CTMH Holiday Wishes stamp set - "Holiday Wishes" sentiment

Here's How:
I cut the reindeer out at about 3 inches and the the wreath at an inch and half. I decided to use non-traditional christams colors just to explore and play around with colors. I ink the edges of each with Antique Linen. I added Glass Glitter, which is like old fashioned glitter. Chunky, sparkly and fun! I covered the reindeer in Versamark. I brushed on Perfect Pearls and heat set it with a heating tool.

I used a plain old paper trimmer to cut the tag at 3 1/4 X 5. The Old World collection is just perfect for an aged, but beautiful look.  I used We R Memory Keepers Corner Chompers to round the corners. I lightly inked the edges in Antique Linen.

My trusty paper trimmer also cut out a rectangle at 3 x 3/4. I hand cut the "V" in the banner. I ran the banner through Brushed Corduroy for a deeper color and then brushed the Antique Linen to age it a bit. I stamped "Happy Holidays" with Versamark and added pink mica. I have been experimenting with Versamark by adding mica and perfect pearls to stamped images. I really like the soft and even faded look you can get.

Now for the seam binding. So easy to do! I bought a whole load of white seam binding so I could make my own wrinkled, colored seam binding. I saw it in a video my sister sent me and I have been obsessed with making it. I finally did it! Spritz a little Vintage Pink and Brown Suede and a little water and VOILA! That's a pretty cool trick.

Before I attached the ribbon, I ran the tag through the Cuttlebug with PTI Linen Impression Plate. I thought it would give it an extra aged look. It adds these dot-like impressions.  I love it! Here's the close-up:

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag! I love the colors and the way that ribbon works so perfectly with the other materials! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :)