Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Baby Shower Card


I made this card for a baby shower for a lady at work who is having a little girl. I can't wait to see what she looks like!

I Used:
- Kate's ABC - coat and layers, page 43 - I think it looks more like a little dress :)
- Forever Young - hanger and layers, page 58; I used the Gypsy to hide the flower
- Cuttlebug Folder - Swiss Dots
- Ranger Stickles
- Ranger - Perfect Pearls
- Crafty Secrets - Congratulations sentiment
- Martha Stewart Vintage Doily Punch Around the Page Set
- Marvy - Liquid Applique
- CTMH - Liquid Glass

Here's How:
I ran the dress through the Cuttlebug using Swiss Dots and put the little dress together. The little flowers pieces were a BIG challenge! Maybe I'll try tweezers next time. I added stickles on the cuffs for buttons and in the centers of the flowers.

A butterfly goes with the dress but I used it on tag with the sentiment and on the bottom of the border. Confession time: the Vintage Doily punch did not quite line up and made more holes on the left end of the border then there was supposed to be (does that make any sense???). So I used the butterfly to cover up that boo-boo.

I brushed the pink card stock with Perfect Pearls and then glued the dress to the cardstock on an angle.

Now for the hanger: I cut it too big so I had to trim it down by hand which was okay since that part was going to be hidden. I applied the Liquid Applique not knowing what would happen but hoping for the best. I was hoping it would like those fancy hangers that are padded with satin and look a little scrunched up. I think it came out quite well :)  I ended up gluing down the hook part of the hanger - that it went up like that was just driving me crazy!

Last, I just inked the edges of the tag, stamped my sentiment and added another butterfly from the dress.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori, just popped over to wish you and yours a very merry Christmas, and a happy new year. I love your adorable baby card
    hugs
    Enfys xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :)