Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Yeehaw!



I made this card for my dad's birthday using the Slice design card: Happy Trails.  I really like it because the images are grown-up instead of cutesy.

I inked the edges of the cowboy and horse and the pattern paper with ColorBox Fluid Chalk Cat's Eye in Pumpkin Patch.

The fence is actually called the Halloween Iron Fence Deep Edge Punch.  I cut the webs and ravens to disassociate it from Halloween and ended up with a broken down fence in need of repairs perfect for the distressed look I was going for.

I added a "lasso" made of twine to go around the "yeehaw" sentiment.  I added a shadow and popped out the image and there it is:  a birthday card made for the any cowboy in your life :)

1 comment:

  1. Lori, this is such a wonderful masculine card - I love the cuts and paper and the distressed edges. TFS and hope you had a wonderful Easter. Karon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :)