Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Creative Chemistry 102, Day 3

Today I tried out three techniques.

In this first one, I tried out using a brayer with Distress Stains.  I used Chipped Sapphire and Tumbled Glass.  I thought it made a nice background for a night sky and turned it into a birthday card.  I added some star die cuts from Papertrey Ink and ticket from the Mini Filmstrip and Mini Ticket die.



In the next one, I tried out photo tinting with Distress Markers - Chipped Sapphire, Broken China, and Worn Lipstick.  I tried out really soft color like Milled Lavender and Weathered Wood but colors like that blended into the photograph.  I tried out stronger colors and the colors pop some more with being too out of place on a wedding photo.

I also tried out Cracked Glass by applying Distress Crackle on clear plastic cut with the Baroque die. It took soooooo long to dry but I think the effect is well worth the wait!  I blended in some Adirondack Ink Metallic Mixatives in Gold.  The swirl is from the Elegant Flourishes die.The seam binding is dyed with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.  I am very happy with how it turned out.








I thought I might put it on a card but I think I will just hang it :)







3 comments:

  1. Two wonderful creations and loving all the new techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Enjoyed visiting your site. I love your idea of hanging the beautiful photo , I can see that on your Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :)