Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Enjoying Autumn




I love autumn for all its beautiful colors and for the cool breezes it brings.  I wanted to make something whimsical and carefree so I chose the barefooted girl riding a bike from the  Something to Celebrate cartridge.  She is on page 37.  With her hair flying behind her, she looks happy - doesn't she?  (Even though she has no facial features!  I am reading body language :)   She was cut at 3 1/2 inches. .  I also used Distress Ink Pads for the hardware on the bike.


  I used Distress Markers to outline the edges of the dress
and then added glitter to make her stand out.   

The tree [tree3] is from the Heritage cartridge and is cut at 4 1/2 inches.  I inked that up with lots of different Distress Ink Pads because I couldn't find the right paper.  I gently tapped the colors randomly onto the die cut.

Colors used: Evergreen Bough, Festive Berries,
Antique Linen, Wild Honey.  

The leaves [leaf] are from the Doodlecharms cartridge - an oldie but a goodie.  I cut those at a 1/2 and 3/4 inches.  I was nervous because I never cut anything that small on purpose.  But it worked like a charm.  I inked those up with the same Distress Pads, too.  That way they would match my tree.



Now for the background.  I used washi tape to create a kind of road across the background.  I used the Musical Flourish folder for the background and then inked the embossed parts lightly.  I only embossed the part above the washi tape to create a distinction between earth and sky.  I rounded the corners with We R Memory Keepers corner chompers.

I purposely made the tree bigger than I needed so
I had to trim it.  It took me a day to find
the courage!



The final product :)


So that's it - an auutmnal card for any occasion.

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning. The colours you have used and the added sparkle is just beautiful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! this is amazing! The glittered dress! I am impressed you were able to capture the shine :) As for the autumn leaves, simply perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :)