Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Stamp - A - Faire 2014

On Saturday, Papertrey Ink had some challenges for their Stamp A-Faire day and I joined in some of the challenges.  The theme was stamping through time and it was a lot of fun.


This one was Vintage Patterns for a 1940s look.  I tried to do a bigger pattern across the page but that was a disaster!  (Well, maybe five disasters...)  I finally decided to do smaller patterns and tried to make it like an embroidery hoop.



Materials: Classic Kraft paper, Explore the 1940s with Besty Veldman stamp set and background paper (PTI), lace





This one was called Sparkle and Shine for a 1920s look.  I really liked doing this one.  I used sticky embossing powder for the glitter and it worked like a charm.  The end result was super elegant.


Materials: Fine Linen and Smokey Shadow, Deco Die Cover Plate, Explore the 1920s with Heather Nichols stamp set and paper (PTI), Styled Labels die (Sizzix) embossing powder, Sterling glitter (Martha Stewart) and rhinestones




Antique Embossing is from the Regency Era challenge.  I used silver embossing powder, stamped it, and then used Distress Ink Black Soot for that antique look.  Loved it!  It gives the embossing a look like it had aged.

 Materials: Smokey Shadow paper, Explore the Regency Era with Melissa Phillips stamp set and paper (PTI),  embossing powder, Black Soot Distress Ink (Ranger), sequins (Mon Ami Gabby)




This one is Renaissance inspired.  The challenge was for Velvet Stamping but I had no velvet fabric or even flocked paper that might work.  I really wanted to used the stamp and dies, though.  They are so elegant.  Put together they remind me of the beautiful stained glass rose windows one sees in old churches and cathedrals.  I did not stamp on velvet - just regular paper.  I added little liquid pearls and ribbon.


Materials: Hawaiian Shores and Ripe Avocado paper, Explore the Renaissance with Nichole Heady (PTI), gold embossing powder, gold metallic wax, Viva Decor Pearl Pen, ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :)