Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Shabby Chic Birthday Card


Well, I wasn't supposed to but I bought the Simply Jane collection from Papertrey Ink.  I couldn't resist.  Just about anything Jane Austen calls my name and it is hard to say no.  The Simply Jane collection includes the stamps (with Austen quotes!), matching die-cuts for the stamps and cardstock with pages from her novels.  Swoon! :)

I used the cameo and frame die-cuts.  The paper in the background in is Melissa Frances.  I can't bring myself to use the Simpy Jane cardstock yet.  I'll get over that soon. ;)

I used Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge Punch for the beige ribbon of paper that goes across the card.  The sentiment is from Simply Jane.


The most complicated thing - but worthwhile - was dyeing the seam binding.  I used equal parts Close to My Heart Soft Pink Re-Ink and Ranger Red Pepper Alcohol Ink with lots of water.  I am really pleased with the different hues of soft pink that developed so I will definitely use that combination again :)  The kraft colored button is also from Papertrey Ink and I sewed that onto the ribbon.



“There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” ~ Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is a beautiful card! Love all the detail!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :)